If you’re interested in contributing to Idris, there are several jobs and mini-projects which would help. For example:
- Adding libraries and functions to the prelude.
- A new totality checker: the current implementation is really just a placeholder for something which works properly. In particular, it can’t handle mutual recursion.
- Expanding the tutorial with detailed examples and exercises (or even writing a new one)
- Investigating and fixing the reports on the issue tracker
- Refactoring the parser.
- A Haddock like tool for documenting APIs
- Low level bindings for various C APIs, including, but not limited to:
- High level, more dependently typed bindings for the above.
- Polishing the packaging system
- Proof automation, for example:
- A Presburger arithmetic solver.
- Commutative ring rewriting.
- A better interface, e.g. type-directed editing (Agda/Epigram style)
- Packaging for Mac, for ease of installation (ideally not requiring a Haskell platform installed)
If you’re interested in helping with any of these, please do get in touch, either by posting to the mailing list, or dropping into the
#idris IRC channel on